Thursday, September 3, 2015

Fall trends: tassels, boho, olive green, cargo jacket


OUTFIT DETAILS:

Jacket: Old Navy (exact- now on sale, exact style in different fabric - also on sale) 
  This jacket (the same cut, but another color) was reviewed in this post.
Shirt: Forever 21 (similar)
Jeans: LOFT (similar)
Earrings: vintage (similar)
Bracelet: my grandmother's (similar)
Clutch: vintage Coach cross body with strap unclipped (similar)
Heels: LOFT (exact - on sale. These keep selling out (both in nude and black) but then get relisted, so keep an eye  on them if you like them - they are incredible!  I haven't been stalking them for weeks or anything... I find they run a 1/2 size large, if that helps you order.)

After I created this outfit, I decided to check what some of the fall trends are, to see if I just felt on trend, or actually had hit some of the major ones.  Here's what I found trending for fall 2015 (at least according to this site):

Colors:
70's colors: including burnt orange, brown and, yes, olive green.
Styles:
Cargo jackets.  This trend has been going strong for a while, and really, while it's a trend, is actually a classic.  So, if you don't already have one, why not check out the abundance of options while they're out there so you'll be set for many years to come?
Fringe.  Don't tassels pretty much fit into that?

Boho.  This has also been going strong a few seasons, but is also supposed to be hot for fall.

Some other trends that were mentioned that I'd love to try:

Capes. I have always wanted one of these.  Hashtag: wanna be superhero?  I don't know, but these can be so cute, and in San Francisco, might actually be wearable much of the year.

Fur Collars.  I already have several of these!  But I left them at home in Wisconsin in storage.  Bummer. In this climate I might actually have worn them this year...  Sigh.  Anyway, here's my tip if you're interested in trying this trend.  Find thrifted sweaters with fur collars and either button off the collar and use it on its own, if it's that type of collar, or cut the sweater off the collar and repurpose the collar.  If needed, sew a button closure or add ribbon ties.  Sometimes you can find old vintage coats with gorgeous fur collars just aching to be repurposed.  Go forth and repurpose, y'all.


No comments:

Post a Comment