Friday, March 13, 2015

Recent Old Navy and Gap purchase reviews


As I mentioned in this post, I recently ordered a few things for spring.  Most of them came from Old Navy and Gap, using of a credit card reward and a big 40% off sale.  Here's what I thought of these items, as well as some outfit photos (full outfit blog posts coming later).  Hope it helps you in your decision making! (Totally non-sponsored!)

OLD NAVY ITEMS:

Chambray boyfriend shirt in dark indigo (on sale right now for $20) - As mentioned earlier, button-downs usually fit me huge and baggy in the shoulders and correctly fitting the bust, or properly fitted on the shoulders and tight and gaping at the bust.  This one, probably because it's designed to be a roomier "boyfriend" fit, works at the bust.  Bonus, because the shoulder is a drop shoulder (which I usually don't like, but works on this style), it looks relaxed without having a huge square shoulder sticking out past the natural shoulder.  It doesn't seem to gape too much at the buttons, and I like the deep, dark dye of the top.  It's a substantial cotton fabric, and I think looks like it cost more than it did.




Gray pencil skirt (On sale right now for $10) - This is a bit more charcoal gray than I wanted, but I like the fabric.  I have 2 or 3 Old Navy striped pencil skirts in this style from previous seasons, and I notice that this version is a good inch shorter than previous versions, which happens to be a good thing for me, since it still hits just below the knee.  For taller or longer-legged ladies, you may want to try this on in-store prior to purchasing, or just know it may fit a bit shorter.  It's a nice, smooth, stretchy cotton with enough substance to cover things nicely.  


Boy meets girl canvas field jacket (pictured above also) - As I mentioned, I've been drooling over various bloggers outfits using cargo jackets for a while, but I decided to go with this light blue chambray version because I already have several olive colored blazers, as well as an olive cargo vest.  It turns out I LOVE this fabric.   A relaxed, lightweight, slubby 100% cotton that is perfect for spring.  I really like the style of the chest pocket, and how the hand pockets are diagonal welt style.  Some had mentioned in the website reviews that this ran large, and perhaps if you are between sizes you would want to size down.  I ordered my usual size, and I like the relaxed feel and the additional layering options this will give me.  I just tied up the drawstring waist a bit, and was good to go.




GAP ITEM:

Soft denim lounge shorts  - No outfit picture on these yet, but I did try them on once the order came in.  I chose to size up in these, because I wanted a truly relaxed fit, and I figured the hem would be a bit lower, as well.  I'm happy with that additional relaxed feeling.  For me, these will mainly be lounging and playing at home shorts, with a few jaunts to the grocery store thrown in.  With cute flats and a tee, they'll be perfect for my comfy but stylish plans...  They are a very soft fabric, not stiff like jean cutoffs, but with the look of faded denim.  Very cute, and destined to be worn often this spring and summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment