Thursday, October 22, 2015

OUTFIT: Denim and tulle for fall





OUTFIT DETAILS:

Jacket: Gap, thrifted (similar)
Tee: Old Navy (exact)
Skirt: Sheinside (similar)
Belt: thrifted (similar)
Bag: vintage Dooney & Burke via ebay (similar)
Boots: Costume National via ebay (similar)
Earrings: Robindira boutique in Petaluma, CA (similar)

I've been itching to find a way to wear my tulle skirt for day.  I tried several other options before choosing this combination, but definitely found the denim makes for the best contrast.  I think it looks intentional, like you meant to wear your ballerina skirt for everyday, not like you're going to a wedding later....  

The other thing that I like about this combination is the pairing of cognac accessories with black clothing items.  It's such a great contrast, and really brings out the best in each color.  I'm working on finding comfortable cognac flats so I can expand the timeline of when I can wear this combination.  It's something I've only recently tried, mostly due to reading fashion blogs (like Franish and J's Everyday Fashion), but it really works!  I used to think black was the ultimate neutral for accessories (and don't get me wrong, I still own plenty of black items), but I'm now much more focused on cognac, since it's so much more versatile.  Perfect for travel, too!

Here's a little bonus of a failed version of this outfit, with a cute sneaky little boy face popping into Mom's blog photo....  This makes me smile every time I see it.



2 comments:

  1. I love that skirt with the denim jacket! You seem to find a lot of really cool thrifted items. It's my favorite way to shop. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jen! I love thrifting so much! I especially love checking out different resale shops when I travel. You never know what you'll find, and I have a memory from that place.

      Delete