Monday, October 26, 2015

OUTFIT: Blush, marsala and mustard





See what a difference the scarf makes?


OUTFIT DETAILS: 
Scarf: H&M - not online, but purchased only a couple of weeks ago in store, maybe you    could still find it (similar)
Blazer: Theory via ebay (similar)
Top: Nordstrom Rack (similar)
Skirt: J. Crew (exact in current colors available)
Shoes: Michael Kors via Nordstrom Rack (similar)
Earrings: Robindira boutique in Petaluma CA (similar)
Watch: Michael Kors via ebay (similar - on sale)

These colors just don't seem like they should work, do they?  But, with that scarf, amazingly, it all comes together.  I'm always impressed by designers who think to put those kinds of colors together in the first place, allowing copycats like myself to add coordinating clothing items to their original design.  In theory, design would be one of my first job choices - fabric patterns, clothing, shoes, home exterior and interior - you name it, but, in reality, I wonder whether I truly would have that kind of creativity.  I think I'll just enjoy the easier part of riffing off the work of other inspired designers.  

Even if you can't find this scarf in store, you may be able to use this as inspiration to pair the blush and wine (marsala, burgundy, maroon, call it what you'd like) items you may already have from this season and add a dash of mustard.


Bonus: My beautiful family all ready for our special day:


No comments:

Post a Comment