Friday, October 2, 2015

OUTFIT: Stepping into fall...




OUTFIT DETAILS:

Blazer: LOFT via ebay (similar)
Tee: Old Navy (exact)
Skirt: Athleta (similar)
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell, thrifted (similar)
Bag: Ashley Brooke via DSW (similar)
Watch: Michael Kors via ebay (similar)
Earrings: Robindira Unsworth via Petaluma, CA boutique (similar)

Every fall (and usually spring, too!) I have the same struggle.  I see blog outfits that include adorable open-toed ankle booties, and I think, "Hmm,  I should get some of those".  (There is a word used to describe this shoe that starts with sh and rhymes with bootie, but it is a word we do not mention here.  Like, ever.  Ew.)  But, somehow, they seem so "fashiony" and not exactly me, so I go back and forth.  Even now, after I scooped up these adorable ones for $8 at a thrift shop, I can't decide how I feel about them. It's definitely a step out of my comfort zone (only metaphorically - literally speaking, they are amazingly comfortable).  However, what I can say is that they are perfect for a transition to fall outfit.  Early fall afternoons can often feel like summer, so layers and not-too-hot boots are perfect to find just the right layered combination for whatever time of day and temperature you may encounter.  And if you just happen to amp up the "fashionista" vibe of your outfit that little bit, the world will not wobble on its axis...

No comments:

Post a Comment