Sunday, January 10, 2016

OUTFIT: Pairing your fall items for winter: buffalo plaid top, cargo vest, chunky infinity scarf



 (Why yes, I did neglect to adjust the angle of my camera so the shot included my shoes...)


(Why yes, I was trying out a new, awkward pose...)

OUTFIT DETAILS:
Vest: Old Navy (similar)
Scarf: Target, in store purchase this season (current colors available online)
Top: LOFT, recent in store purchase (similar)
Tank: Caslon (similar)
Skirt: Athleta (similar)
Tights: Merona (exact)
Shoes: Steve Madden, thrifted (similar)
Bag: vintage Coach via ebay (similar)
Earrings: via Groupon Goods (similar)
Watch: Michael Kors via ebay (similar)

When I lived in Wisconsin, I hated seeing fashion posts in the middle of winter that were so unrealistic, weather-wise.  Well, I'm in California this winter (it was Texas last winter), and turns out, fashion realism varies based on the weather.  However, for those entombed in the frozen tundra, or some semblance of it, you could easily adapt this to cooler temps by adding 1. tall boots (I had black ones on in the morning when it was coolor), 2. a warm underlayer (like this great one from Uniqlo that I use often), 3. switching the cargo vest for a cargo jacket, or 4. switching out the cargo vest for a down vest.  Or, I fully realize, where it's really, really cold, you'll have to wear an actual coat, not just a vest.  But, it's still an idea on how to pair your recent trendy purchases: buffalo plaid top, chunky infinity scarf, and burgundy items.

My apologies to those unwillingly stuck in cooler climes, my congratulations to those who enjoy them!  Either way, we're already a good chunk of the way toward spring, so enjoy those winter fashion looks a little longer...

No comments:

Post a Comment