Wednesday, March 26, 2014

SNEAKY STORAGE: Entryways


I'm a strong believer in planned design - my motto is "store it where you use it" (whenever possible).  Doesn't it seem like you'll keep your entryway area cleaner and more organized if there is a place for everything you walk in the door that you need to put down?  That's my idea anyway, not that life always works that way...  Here's some of our ideas.

This is a work in progress, but we did get our entryways both relatively whipped into shape in this house (just in time to move...).  But, I learned some of the key elements so the next place will be even better.  Next time, I plan to add a small cabinet to the front entry below the shelf/hooks/mirrors that can store my purse and any items we need to take with us when we leave the house.

FRONT ENTRY
Elements:
Mirror for last minute touch-ups on the way out
Shelf for wallet/phone
Key hooks
SIDE ENTRY: 
Close up view:
Key hooks
Mirror
Overall view:
Wall hooks for coats/snowpants
Metal wall cabinet (see below)
Rug for shoes/boots
Key hooks
Mirror

Wall cabinet (Medicine cabinet from IKEA) holds sunglasses:


No comments:

Post a Comment