Monday, April 14, 2014

WHAT I WORE: Saturday morning stripes (and a skirt review)

More stripes, with a demonstration of what a difference a scarf color can make.  I think I prefer the red scarf to give the outfit more life, but as I look at the pictures, there is something peaceful and ethereal about the coordinating yellow scarf with just the shoes being a pop of color.  Which do you prefer?

And, this skirt is actually currently available, so here's a mini review in case you're considering it.  The rest of the outfit details follow the pictures.

Old Navy striped maxi skirt review (25% off online now with code ONSAVENOW):
Fabric: Poly/rayon mix, drapes really well, will probably pill eventually.  Does easily show underwear lines, but is substantial enough to not feel sheer or like it shows every bump. It has a nice crisp stripe, though, and the pattern is woven into the skirt, not printed on.
Length: I'm 5'2", so I have to wear platforms so it doesn't drag on the ground, but I like the length for this skirt so I can use it with heels.  I think taller girls should still be able to have it be a maxi (but I'm no expert!).
Style: I like that it is NOT a fold over waist band, as I don't need extra fabric in that area.
Size: I ordered down a size, for length, and also because this is a flowing style, so I surmised that I wouldn't need the extra fabric around my hips in the bigger size. I was correct, at least for my body type (more apple than pear shape, so keep that in mind if you are ordering this for yourself).
Price: At full price of $34, I think it's a bit overpriced (but I'm cheap when it comes to Old Navy and other bargain brands).  However, with the online discount special that was going, plus using my rewards certificate, etc., I paid only $16 for this, which felt a little more reasonable, plus I earned some Super Cash for a future purchase.  I just wonder how long the fabric will hold up, but I think I'll get lots of wear out of this skirt while it lasts.

WITH A MATCHING YELLOW SCARF: 

WITH A CONTRASTING RED SCARF: 



 OUTFIT:
Sweater: J. Crew Factory (exact in current colors, similar)
Tee: Boden (exact in current colors)
Skirt:Old Navy (exact)
Shoes: Kork Ease via DSW (similar, similar)
Scarf: yellow and white ombre linen/Marshalls, old that I sewed into an infinity scarf (similar, similar)
red wool/Nepal vacation (similar, almost exact)
Watch: Michael Kors via ebay (similar)

No comments:

Post a Comment